JUVÉDERM® XC is the smooth gel filler that your doctor uses to instantly smooth away wrinkles around your mouth and nose. With just one treatment, you’ll get smooth and natural-looking results that last up to a year.†
JUVÉDERM® XC is manufactured using HYLACROSS™ technology, creating a smooth-consistency gel. It is infused with lidocaine to improve comfort during treatment. With JUVÉDERM® XC you get the smooth results you expect, with the improved comfort you want.
Everyone will notice, but no one will know.
Where Does It Work?
Everyone’s skin ages differently and JUVÉDERM® XC may be used to rejuvenate multiple problem areas.* From smile lines to vertical lip lines, you can smooth away unwanted wrinkles and restore natural contours. Learn more about the individual treatment areas by rolling over the list below.
Roll over a problem area on the list below to see where JUVÉDERM® XC dermal filler can help.
Before & After 1
Before & After 2
JUVÉDERM® XC Professional Full Fair Balance:
JUVÉDERM® XC Important Information
JUVÉDERM® XC injectable gel is indicated for injection into the mid-to-deep dermis for
correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds (such as nasolabial folds).
Important Safety Information
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC is contraindicated for patients with severe allergies, manifested by a history of anaphylaxis or history or presence of multiple severe allergies, and a history of allergies to gram-positive bacterial proteins or lidocaine.
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC injectable gel must not be injected into blood vessels and should not be used in vascular-rich areas. Use in these areas, such as glabella andnose, has resulted in cases of vascular embolization, occlusion of the vessels,ischemia or infarction, or blindness. Symptoms of vessel occlusion and embolization include pain that is disproportionate to the procedure or remote to the injection site, immediate blanching extending beyond the injected area, and color changes thatreflect ischemic tissue such as a dusky or reticular appearance.
- Product use at specific sites in which an active inflammatory process (skin eruptions such as cysts, pimples, rashes, or hives) or infection is present should be deferred until the underlying process has been controlled.
- The safety and effectiveness for the treatment of anatomic regions other than the midface have not been established.
- As with all transcutaneous procedures, dermal filler implantation carries a risk of infection. Follow standard precautions associated with injectable materials.
- The safety for use during pregnancy, in breastfeeding females, and in patients withvery thin skin in the mid-face region has not been established.
- The safety for use in patients under 35 years or over 65 years has not been established.
- The safety in patients with known susceptibility to keloid formation, hypertrophic scarring, and pigmentation disorders has not been studied.
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC injectable gel should be used with caution in patients on immunosuppressive therapy.
- Patients who are using products that can prolong bleeding (such as aspirin, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, and warfarin) may experience increased bruising or bleeding at treatment sites.
- Patients who experience skin injury near the site of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC implantation may be at a higher risk for adverse events.
- Patients may experience late onset nodules with use of dermal fillers including JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC.
- Patients should be limited to 20 mL of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC per 60 kg (130 lbs) body mass per year. The safety of injecting greater amounts has not been established.
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC should only be used by physicians who have appropriate experience and who are knowledgeable about facial anatomy and the product for use in deep (subcutaneous and/or supraperiosteal) injection for cheek augmentation.
Side effects in > 5% of subjects were temporary injection-site tenderness, swelling, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, pain, redness, discoloration, and itching. They were predominantly moderate in severity, with a duration of 2 to 4 weeks.
To report an adverse reaction, please call Allergan Product Surveillance at 1-877-345-5372.
For more information, please see the About Safety page at www.juvederm.com or call the Allergan Medical Information line at 1-800-433-8871.
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC injectable gel is available by prescription only.